Thursday, December 13, 2007

New Year's Resolution

I believe in recycling as much as possible. Yesterday as I gathered my bags of bottles and cans, I noticed that I had more than my share of empty water bottles. It didn't take long for me to make a connection between the empty bottles and the rarely used Brita water pitcher in my refrigerator. How many times have I read of the companies admitting to using tap water to fill these bottles? How can an otherwise frugal person throw away almost $2 on something that is already in my frig?
While I sometimes fill my polycarbonate bottle with water and bring to work, I haven't been using it as much lately as I use to. Aside from just being lazy, growing concern over the plastic leaching into the water has surfaced everywhere on the web.
So I decided, right then and there, that my public New Year's resolution would be to NOT buy bottled water in 2008.
Because of the concern over polycarbonate, I ordered a stainless steel water bottle today online. I will fill that everyday for use at work, home, or on the trail.
Aside from saving a lot of money, the landfills will see less of my footprint in 2008 and beyond.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, Al Gore will be so proud.

Northeast Hiking said...

1st- Al Gore ROCKS!
2nd- Be nice or I'll tell Santa!

Anonymous said...

You rock.