Tuesday, November 13, 2007

What's red and black with stripes all over?


....the snake I almost stepped on while hiking in Sterling Forest! The snake has yet to be identified, but I like to refer to him as Gus. He was too fast for a picture, but I have included a snapshot of the frog who was more than happy to pose (that or he was scared of my big foot!).
After the snake, came the mossy rock on Buttermilk Falls.
So, the lession here is not only to be in the moment at ALL moments, but also, know what the heck your feet are doing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about Tallman Mountain? Not good enough for your blog? Lol

Northeast Hiking said...

I love Tallman...however, my method of walking around in the woods until you find something, might not be helpful to many people. LOL! Remember, it was here that I was lost in the marshes for over an hour! I will soon map out a trail (a real one) and post, I promise!

Northeast Hiking said...

BTW...the photo of the deer next to my post, What's in your Pack?, was taken at Tallman. See, it's never far from my mind...